2017/18 PLANNED SKI TRIPS:
click here for CMSC liability form, Lindy Berggreen, membership Chairman is coordinating. For contact info, send email to Club50_130@yahoo.com and look for Beaver Creek in the auto response.
PLANNED 2016 SPRING/SUMMER EVENTS:
- Monthly dinners, golfing, biking and bowling
- Sailing on Lake Michigan
- Cubs Games
- Concerts and Picnic at Millenium Park
- Horse racing at Arlington Park
- Concert and Picnic at Ravinia
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- September Trip to Saugatuck MI – details TBD
There will once again be summer sailing on the 31-foot sloop Phriendship Too for Club 50 members on Wednesdays and Thursdays weather permitting. Beginning in June David Thiessen is available to sail. Just contact him by phone or email (see club directory or email firstname.lastname@example.org for contact info) to make arrangements. Bring your own snack and drink.
When the weather forecast indicates a potentially good sailing day, David usually asks Elizabeth Norris, our Club 50 communicator, to send out a group email indicating that possibility. Once a sail is planned Dave always checks the weather before confirming with guests by phone. Dave’s motto: A pleasure shared is twice as enjoyable.
As of 7/11/16:, from Dave Thiessen:
- 7/13/16: There will be sailing out of Waukegan on Phriendship Too this coming Wednesday, July 13, afternoon if the wx forecast indicates that we will have either a relaxing sail or exhilarating sail but not a scary sail —> i.e., we will keep a weather eye on the forecast, the sky, the wx radar, and the Coast Guard on Channel 16: Aim to be at the harbor by 1:00 p.m. and we’ll try to return by 4:00 p.m. after which we have après sailing (maybe—depends — you know…). If you need directions, let me know.
- 7/14/16: There will not be any sailing on Thursday, 7/14/16;
- Wed 7/20 (??), Thurs 7/21 (??) I am crewing in the Hook Race (from Racine —> Menominee, MI thru Death’s Door between Door County & Washington Island, WI) and we leave Friday morning to sail up to Racine for the Sat. morning 10:30 a.m. start. I’m hoping to offer Club 50 sailing on both days that week assuming my 3 hr lawn mowing chore doesn’t get rained out on Mon or Tues of that week.
7/27 & 28/16: Although the race is non-stop and we have 57 hours allowed to get there 7:30 p.m., we will be bringing the boat back port to port stopping each night. The earliest we would be back is Thursday evening of that week.
- 8/3 & 4/16: Let’s hope for good weather for sailing on those days.
For contact info email email@example.com and follow the instructions in the response. You must RSVP to Dave Thiessen to participate in this event.
You can always get the Near Shore forecast for Waukegan current day and next day from
and you can always get the Waukegan LAND forecast from
Club 50 golfers continue their summer fun into the fall. Sometimes we even have to call it Icicle Golf! Each week we play nine holes on a different public course followed by lunch. Some of us walk the course; some of us ride. Don’t let chilly temps put you off. Come join us! The specifics of time and place are sent out each week by email. If you aren’t on the golfers’ group list, email firstname.lastname@example.org and look for “Golf” in the auto response. (The site is unmanned so please don’t send mail to it)
Email notification will be sent to those on the golfing list and NOT go to the entire membership.
Unfortunately there’s no way we can set up local cross-country ski outings ahead of time since their so weather dependent. You’re just going to have to get on the Club 50 Cross-Country Email List and then watch your email each time it snows to see if one has been scheduled.
To get on the list, contact email@example.com, look in the auto reply under x county skiing for contact information and then be ready to join us when you get the call!